[whatwg] Offline Web Apps

> Given that you'd have to radically rewrite the app anyway to use an
> offline database instead of just using HTTP, why would we reuse the URI
> query syntax feature? It seems like it'd be better (from a consistency
> with existing specs point of view) to use the fragment identifer. No?

That's an option, but then you can't use the fragment identifier for its
scroll-to behaviour when you use it to pass parameters. Also, when
retrofitting an existing app, this requires changing the sources of links as
well as the destination pages.

Rob
--
"Two men owed money to a certain moneylender. One owed him five hundred
denarii, and the other fifty. Neither of them had the money to pay him back,