[whatwg] ISO-8859-* and the C1 control range

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 13:13:25 +0300
To avoid stepping on the toes of Charmod more than is necessary, I
suggest making it non-conforming for a document to have bytes in the
0x80?0x9F range when the character encoding is declared to be one of
the ISO-8859 family encodings.

(UA conformance requires in some cases these bytes to be decoded in a
Charmod-violating way, but reality trumps Charmod for UA conformance.
While I'm at it: Surely there are other ISO-8859 family encodings
besides ISO-8859-1 that require decoding using the corresponding
windows-* family decoder?)

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen at iki.fi