[whatwg] P element's content model restrictions

From: Martin Payne <martin-bulkmail@martinpayne.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 06:18:09 +0100
Leif Halvard Silli wrote:
> I'd like to question these restricions. I think that at the very least, TABLE should be allowed inside the P element. The reason is that MSIE (I tested version 6 and 7) accept TABLE in P, regardless of whether it is in Quirks-Mode or in Standards-Mode. Even Firefox-Opera-Safari (FirOpSa) allow TABLE inside P - allthough they only do so when in Quirks-Mode.

When would it ever make sense to do this though? Surely you would never
want to put a table inside a paragraph, because tables and paragraphs
are two totally different things. I also can?t see why you would put a
paragraph inside a paragraph?surely it should either just be one
paragraph, or be two completely separate paragraphs.

--
Martin Payne

email: martin-bulkmail at martinpayne.co.uk
www: http://www.martinpayne.co.uk/