[whatwg] Opera canvas bug?

On Fri, 11 May 2007, Stefan Haustein wrote:

> concerning when to apply transformations, I think it makes much sense to
> let the spec reflect the current reality of Safari and Firefox instead
> of the other way around for the following reasons:
>
> http://lists.whatwg.org/htdig.cgi/whatwg-whatwg.org/2007-April/010937.html
>
> The referenced MDC clock example is available at:
>
> http://developer-stage.mozilla.org/en/docs/Canvas_tutorial:Basic_animations

Whatever decision we make, we'll have to change implementations (Opera
does what the spec says now). I'm currently trying to determine what the
feasibility of implementing the spec in Safari and Firefox is; if they can
implement it then the issue is moot.

I understand that there are use cases for both options.