[whatwg] <source>

On 3/23/07, Anne van Kesteren <annevk at opera.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 19:07:05 +0100, Shadow2531 <shadow2531 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > In this case, the browser shouldn't strip and normalizes the newlines
> > from the value attribute before passing to the plugin. (FF and IE
> > handle this nicely. They may do this only for the tcl plugin though.).
>
> Per the parsing algorithm they should never be normalized in attributes.
> I'm not sure why you're suggesting they should.

Sorry. I must have missed that the handling from
<http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/types.html#type-cdata> wasn't included
in the attribute value state and was assuming that FF and IE were
making an exception from those white-space rules (Opera follows them
for params) and not normalizing the newlines in the param's value
attribute for the tcl plugin's sake.  With that in mind, I was
concerned about the difficulty of making an exception in the
normalization for a param in OBJECT, but not a param in a media
element.

Since that's not the case, carry on. :)

--
burnout426