[whatwg] Codecs (was Re: Apple Proposal for Timed Media Elements)

Hi Christian,

My main concern is simply to avoid the issue altogether.
I do agree that patents exist and have been granted, but I just can't
see how they are ever going to be enforced at all.
For example, a patent issued in the US is infringed by a UK company,
where the patent would not be held up by current UK law, (or worse
*may* be valid in the UK but not under EU law), where is the case
heard? Who's law applies?

I know this is a trivial example, but I would just prefer to not have
to feed a lawyer's pockets over this issue.

Gareth