[whatwg] Codecs (was Re: Apple Proposal for Timed Media Elements)

Hi Bjoern,
There is a w3c policy in place regarding this:
http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Patent-Policy-20040205/

Since I assume you knew about that I guess your claim about no guarantee
is more about 'there might be submarine patents', yes this is true. But
there is a major difference to a standard falling victim to such and
actively incorporating royalty bearing patented technology.

And for SVG I have been on the SVG-w3c mailing list and at least there
seems to be no clamor for removing it from the proposed spec. But sure
enough it hasn't been finally approved.

Christian

--
Business Development Manager