[whatwg] Full screen for the <video> element

From: Mihai Sucan <mihai.sucan@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 21:11:57 +0200
Hello!

Shouldn't the video API include a way to toggle full screen on/off? This
is a rather basic feature of videos. If it will not be available, video
sites will hack around missing full screen support.

The current spec doesn't define it.

I'd suggest adding a new property to the HTMLVideoElement interface: the
.fullscreen boolean. This should be used to toggle full screen video
rendering. The way this works should be left at the discretion of the UA:
it can be real full screen, or only full screen within the viewport. The
UA must be required to provide a way to exit the full screen mode.

(pardon me if this was already discussed on the mailing list)

--
http://www.robodesign.ro
ROBO Design - We bring you the future