[whatwg] WF2: Non-validating submit buttons

Martin Atkins skrev:
> It would be useful to be able to mark certain submit buttons as
> non-validating.
>
> [...]
>
>     <input type="submit" validate="no" />
>
> I'm not fussed about the exact name/usage of the attribute, but it seems
> like a common enough case to warrant a declarative solution rather than
> a script one.

How would this be achieved using script?

One way is to use a button with the following onclick handler:

for (var i = 0; i < form.elements.length; i++) {
     var element = form.elements[i];
     if (!element.validity.valid) {
         element.type = 'text';
         element.required = false;