[whatwg] <video> element feedback

From: Shadow2531 <shadow2531@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 06:34:55 -0400
On 3/20/07, Christoph P?per <christoph.paeper at crissov.de> wrote:
> Maybe it is a stupid idea, but is something like the following
> imaginable to make a XHTML5 browser display inline video with a basic
> UI without the need for scripting?
>
>    <form method="MEDIA">
>      <video src="pretty.ogg"/>
>      <button type="play"/>
>    </form>

I thought about this myself.

My thought looked like this:

<form action="video:" target="video element id">
<input type="button" name="play">
</form>

However, my thought would abuse a possible video: protocol and make
input or button or forms in general even more complicated.

I don't think implementors would be interested in hacking up forms
this way, but I could be wrong.

--
burnout426