[whatwg] Attribute proposal: <video autostart>

From: Sander Tekelenburg <st@isoc.nl>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 08:17:16 +0100
At 02:28 +0100 UTC, on 2007-03-19, Simon Pieters wrote:

[...]

> Therefore (to ease authoring and thus help adoption) I would like to
> propose a new boolean attribute for <video>: autoplay="autoplay". It's
> presence would be equivalent to invocing play() on the video ASAP.

If it's a boolean, why not autoplay="true"? Or if you want to make it easy
for less-techy authors, just a valueless "autoplay" atribute. (At the very
least, this sort of thing should be consistent throughout the spec. HTML 4
and CSS 2 are inconsistent in this area, which makes it too easy for authors
to make mistakes.)

--
Sander Tekelenburg