[whatwg] <video> element proposal

Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> We're not enforcing this upon the world ;-)

Speaking about enforcing. When this element gets implemented there are a
few things I would demand from my browser:

1. That videos should never start to play without my consent. No more
bgsound-hellish experiences. Advertisers will protest, but I'd say it is
up to them to make their commercials so appealing that I'd want to play
the video in question.

1b. If not (1) That video does not play automatically in a window/tab
that does not sit in the foreground. I tend to scroll wheel click on
links a lot. if there is video content on the page that has just opened
behind the one I am currently in and I would like to watch it, I'd
definitely prefer to start it when I flip tabs.

2. I would like greater control than just start, stop, pause, forward,
back and perhaps moving a slider. Looking at this:
http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=cccd4aa02a3993ab06e56af731346f78.2006940

Would it not be great if I could *navigate* to different parts of the
video according to some headlines:

- Douglas C: opening
- Chris Wilson on...
- Chris Wilson on...
- H?kon Wium Lie on ACID 2
- H?kon Wium Lie on the proposed <video> element
Etc

Instead of relying on notes saying: "So and so starts x minutes into the
video".

Perhaps some sort of "goto" function with associated labels?

Lars Gunther