[whatwg] Video proposals

From: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 00:58:37 +0100
Also sprach Robert Brodrecht:

 > > I'd rather make <video> and <audio> optional so that those who cannot
 > > support these Ogg on these elements (for whatever reason) can still
 > > comply with the spec. They can also support proprietary codecs through
 > > <object>.
 >
 > Do you mean make the elements themselves optional to support?

Yes. If a vendor, for some reason, is unable to support the Ogg
codecs, I think it's better that they (a) do not support <video>, than
(b) they support <video> with proprietary codecs only.

Interoperability has more value than conformace.

-h&kon
              H?kon Wium Lie                          CTO ??e??
howcome at opera.com                  http://people.opera.com/howcome