[whatwg] Ideas regarding Web Applications 1.0

From: Nicholas Shanks <contact@nickshanks.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 21:22:26 +0000
On 28 Feb 2007, at 05:38, Ian Hickson wrote:

> For example, your page-wide header might need shortening on
> handheld media. I don't have a good proposal for this. Maybe we
> need the opposite of <abbr>?

We already have the opposite of the abbr element. It's called? the
abbr attribute (for th elements).
And yes, it would be nice, though not really essential, if there were
a blessed mechanism for specifying different titles for different
display media. This can be achieved through CSS media queries &
CSS3's "content" property at present, and I don't think the usage
case is sufficient to warrant an extension of HTML.

- Nicholas.