[whatwg] Using the HTML5 DOCTYPE as a new quirksmode switch

Alexey Feldgendler wrote:
> There would be replies if your idea was incomplete or controversial, but actually it seems like everyone
> agrees. What worries me is whether there is a chance that Microsoft
actually does what's
> suggested (and whether someone in Microsoft who is in position to influence this
decision
> actually finds out about this idea and gets convinced).

So, has anyone mailed Molly H? Isn't she supposed to work with standards
compliance issues within MS?

Personally I think the best route to go for MS is to fix all bugs and
make "Standards Compliance Mode" truly compliant. And perhaps mimic FFox
and have an "almost compliance mode" for transitional doctypes, behaving
the same way as FFox of course when they see one.

Let's not give MS an excuse to keep behaving badly with HTML 4.01 and
XHTML 1!

Lars Gunther