[whatwg] article: do we really need this?

From: Alexey Feldgendler <alexey@feldgendler.ru>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 09:37:42 +0100
On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 02:17:43 +0100, fantasai
<fantasai.lists at inkedblade.net> wrote:

> For printing, the <article> element would make it easy to cut out
> extraneous content and print just the main content of a web page.

It just occurred to me: because of this particular possibility, it's
probable that <article> either won't be used or will be abused so that
advertisements are put inside <article> instead of being left outside.
Otherwise it will be too easy for a user to hide all ads (e.g. with a
toggle button).

BTW, there's no easy way in today's CSS to hide everything except
<article>.