[whatwg] href attribute

On 3/4/07, Alexey Feldgendler <alexey at feldgendler.ru> wrote:
> On Fri, 02 Mar 2007 18:25:45 +0100, Colin Lieberman <colin at fontshop.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Alexey, I see your point regarding buttons, but there are many other
> > cases where an a element seems unnecessary and redundant (as others have
> > pointed out):
> >
> > Navigation:
> > <ul id="main_nav">
> > <li href="/">Home</li>
> > <li href="/about/">About</li>
> > </ul>

> into account?

The sister issue of easy-of-typing is ease-of-reading. Human editing
of raw HTML isn't going away. In headier coding disciplines, high
readability is prized. Most code -- even HTML code -- will spend a lot
more of its time being maintained than being written. Being able to
understad things at a glance is important.

Admittedly, the main reason bullet code is hard to read is because IE6
doesn't handle indentation in bullets properly. Specifying a new
attribute on <li> that won't be parsed correctly by IE6 is not a
solution to that.
--
Leons Petrazickis