[whatwg] Gears design goals

From: Aaron Boodman <aa@google.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 16:27:56 -0700
On 6/29/07, Robert O'Callahan <robert at ocallahan.org> wrote:
> On 6/30/07, Aaron Boodman <aa at google.com> wrote:
> > I think as you tried more and more languages, you'd get more resources
> > associated with the domain. And so the number of resources that would
> > need to get revalidated on each view of the app would get larger.
>
> I don't think so --- just serve a manifest for each user that lists the
> resources for that user's language only. Is there a problem with that I'm
> not seeing?

Manifest? I thought we were talking about the Mozilla proposal. If
you're referring to the list of link tags as a manifest, here is what
I am thinking:

If you visit http://a.com and it serves you a page linking to:
base.js
en/1.html

And then later you come back and it serves you a page linking to:
base.js
fr/1.html

You have to revalidate all three files, right? You don't know whether
en/1.html depends on base.js.

I am probably missing something totally obvious :-)

- a