[whatwg] Gears design goals

On 6/29/07, Robert O'Callahan <robert at ocallahan.org> wrote:
> I'm not quite sure what you're getting at, but let's suppose a Web app does
> want to support multiple users sharing a single offline browser profile and
> those users need different languages. (I think this is already a rather
> narrow scenario, FWIW.) We'd ask the app author to give user-specific
> resources user-specific URIs. For resources, such as help pages, that are
> language specific but not user specific, we'd ask the author to give them
> language-specific URIs ( e.g. including /en/ or whatever). Each user's
> manifest pulls in the appropriate resources, and precisely the required
> language resources are downloaded.

I think as you tried more and more languages, you'd get more resources
associated with the domain. And so the number of resources that would
need to get revalidated on each view of the app would get larger.

This doesn't seem like a huge problem, just trying to make sure I
understand things correctly.

- a