[whatwg] Entity parsing

From: Sander <html5@zoid.nl>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 03:18:56 +0200

Ian Hickson schreef:
> I've defined the parsing and conformance requirements in a way that
> matches IE. As a side-effect, this has made things like "na&iumlve"
> actually conforming. I don't know if we want this.
As a front-end developer I'd say "no". This makes it much harder to read
the source code, probably not for UAs, but for the people working with it.

> On the one hand, it's
> pragmatic (after all, why require the semicolon?), and is equivalent to
> not requiring quotes around attribute values. On the other, people don't
> want us to make the quotes optional either.

True, I'm one of those people. And, in my opinion, unquoted attribute
values are still easier to read than these entities without a semicolon
at the end. So please make the semicolon a requirement.

cheers,
Sander