[whatwg] several messages about discouraged things

From: Lee Kowalkowski <lee.kowalkowski@googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 21:19:06 +0100
On 19/06/07, Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt at lachy.id.au> wrote:
> Ian Hickson wrote:
> > On Sat, 24 Feb 2007, Keryx Web wrote:
> >> - A table within a table cell (Has this ever been used for anything but
> >> layout?)
> >
> > There are valid uses of that, though they are rare.
>
> Really?  What are they?

I'm not sure of its validity, but I worked on an application where the
table rows were for example totals per accounting period (month), but
you could click to expand/drill down and display the individual
records that contributed to the total figures.  In fact, every data
row had a nested table for drill-down purposes.

The nested tables were tables in their own right, they could have been
on separate pages and in popup windows, but the customer wanted to
expand/collapse dynamically inline.

--
Lee