[whatwg] CR "entities" and LFCR

From: Michael A. Puls II <shadow2531@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 22:40:54 -0400
On 6/7/07, Michel Fortin <michel.fortin at michelf.com> wrote:
> Windows use CR+LF, UNIX uses LF, legacy Mac applications still use
> CR; but I'm not aware of any system using LF+CR (and there is none on
> Wikipedia) and I don't think it's useful to give a meaning to it.

Thanks.

An HTML file should never have a LF+CR sequence in it (unless you
generate the file that way  in error or use a hex editor to modify the
normal sequence.).

However, using entities, I think there's more of a chance of seeing a LF+CR.

That chance might not be high enough to worry about though, but maybe.

--
Michael