[whatwg] Spec should give guidance on compound document integration points

* Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 14:20:48 +0100, Charles McCathieNevile
><chaals at opera.com> wrote:
>> One of the sources of complexity in RDF syntax is the requirement that
>> it could be included in HTML documents in a way that didn't upset legacy
>> browsers. There are assorted use cases for being able to include RDF
>> inside documents.
>
>I think Henri was asking about XHTML5 documents. So legacy doesn't really
>matter there. If you put it inside <head> it won't be displayed. (As
>opposed to HTML5, where it would imply a <body> start tag and where you
>don't have namespaces in the markup anyway.)

Charles is saying, RDF/XML syntax is complex now because compatibility
with legacy browsers was a concern back when RDF/XML was being defined.
--
Bj?rn H?hrmann ? mailto:bjoern at hoehrmann.de ? http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de
Weinh. Str. 22 ? Telefon: +49(0)621/4309674 ? http://www.bjoernsworld.de