[whatwg] W3C compatibility

David Latapie wrote:

> The rationale was that the difference between <abbr> and <acronym> is
> presentational.

Hmm. Maybe it could be described as presentational, I'm not sure. I
thought the rationale was authors don't understand what acronyms are
because Miriam-Webster's definition is so misleading. <duck/>

> Consequently, what about a microformat?

Hmm.

<abbr title="Federal Bureau of Investigation"
class="initialism">FBI</abbr>
<abbr title="National Aeronautics and Space Administration"
class="acronym">NASA</abbr>
<abbr title="Lieutenant" class="contraction">Leut.</abbr>

Any others?

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis