[whatwg] Removal of Ogg is *preposterous*

From: Robert Sayre <sayrer@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 23:13:17 -0500
On Dec 11, 2007 4:46 PM, Manuel Amador (Rudd-O) <rudd-o at rudd-o.com> wrote:
> Apple and Nokia seem to think that there *are* hamburgers in the moon, and
> that those hamburgers will cost them billions of dollars in submarine
> sandwich lawsuits.

Yes, it seems that way. Or, at least, the edits to the specification
speak for themselves.

> Of course, that's what they are *saying*. It doesn't take a Feynman or a
> Chomsky to understand the real reason why they want the Ogg hamburger off
> HTML5.

That sounds too accusatory to me. I'd be surprised to find malice,
immorality, or profiteering at the root. I do think the recent changes
to the document are supported by weak pseudo-legal doubletalk from
engineers afraid to get in trouble.

Don't expect good quality specifications from such a climate.

--

Robert Sayre