[whatwg] Removal of Ogg is *preposterous*

From: ddailey <ddailey@zoominternet.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 07:14:27 -0500

On Tuesday, December 11, 2007 at 4:34 AM Ian Hickson wrote:

> Dave Singer posted a quite thorough analysis of
> this issue recently.

I concur. Dave's analysis was comprehensive and thoughtful. As an ardent
supporter of open standards and the public domain, I believe the courses of
action being discussed are quite sensible and that the big companies'
skepticism about Ogg is understandable. Let's give the process a time to
sort itself out and keep our fingers crossed that a patent free solution
(perhaps Ogg) may be found. The HTML WG charter's language on royalty free
technologies would appear to protect against someone muscling a good royalty
free solution out of consideration.

David Dailey