[whatwg] hashchange only dispatched in history traversal

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 10:51:02 -0700

On Aug 10, 2007, at 2:20 AM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> Wouldn't it make sense to dispatch the event whenever location.hash
> changes value? When following a link for instance? (Unless I
> misunderstood something it's currently only dispatched in history
> traversal.)

I agree with Anne's suggestion.

I would also suggest calling it something other than hashchange. I
realize the term "hash" is used in other places in the HTML DOM to
refer to the fragment ID but it sounds weird in an event name like
that. CSS uses "target" and the URI RFC uses "fragment identifier".

Regards,
Maciej