[whatwg] Issues concerning the <base> element and xml:base

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 20:31:50 +0000 (UTC)
On Tue, 7 Aug 2007, Philip Taylor wrote:

> That rounding seems quite misleading - if I haven't forgotten how to
> do statistics, and if the details I am forgetting are not critical
> ones, and if I'm not misinterpreting how you collected the data, then
> the samples are independent [...]

The samples are not independent. In fact they have a high degree of
overlap.

> and from a binomial distribution that can be approximated as a normal
> distribution with standard deviation sqrt(n*p*(1-p)), and if assuming
> n=100,000 [...]

Sorry, I meant in the order of 100 million, not 100 thousand. My bad.

> and guessing p from the data then the 95%-confidence (+/- 2 s.d.) ranges
> are something like:

I don't know if the rest of it is correct or not (what distribution the
data follows, etc). The fact that I haven't done these analyses is one
reason why I'm skeptical about publishing this data more "officially".