[whatwg] meter: long vs. float

From: Elliotte Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 17:54:44 -0400
I'm probably missing something obvious because I'm not a DOM expert.
However when reviewing the meter element I note the following:

interface HTMLMeterElement : HTMLElement {
            attribute long value;
            attribute long min;
            attribute long max;
            attribute long low;
            attribute long high;
            attribute long optimum;
};

However, "User agents must parse the min, max, value, low, high, and
optimum attributes using the rules for parsing floating point number
values."

Is long in fact the appropriate type for something that's parsed as a
floating point number? Should it be double or float or real or some such?

Elliotte Rusty Harold  elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!