[whatwg] Semantic use of the <font> element

From: David Walbert <dwalbert@learnnc.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 19:14:56 -0400
On Apr 12, 2007, at 5:24 PM, Nicholas Shanks wrote:

> My content goes something like this:

> span><br>

If the sense of the text absolutely depends on its being displayed in
a particular font, might it be better to display it in an image?
Helvetica and Arial are on almost every computer, but an image would
leave no doubt, and since the content is, essentially, the visual
representation of itself, an image would seem to me to be
semantically appropriate.

David