[whatwg] Sequential List Proposal

From: Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 06:58:41 +0100
Kevin Marks wrote:

> I think the <dialog> example is a retrograde step. The
> <dt> and <dd>, which will confuse XOXO parsers that try to be
> Postelian. Did I miss some reasoning here?

Fictional dialogs don't involve the excerpt and citation of external
sources, which is what q/blockquote and cite are properly for. Given the
HTML4 spec's own use of dt and dd, it's far from clear that any
redefinition is involved. That isn't to suggest that dt and dd are
optimal however.

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis