[whatwg] Trailing garbage, numbers and conformance

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 16:14:05 +0300
Common microsyntaxes for numbers allow leading whitespace and allow
trailing garbage. I understand why the algorithms for UAs other than
conformance checkers might be defined not to fail when there is
trailing garbage. However, to help authors catch typos, I think only
trailing whitespace should be conforming not just any trailing garbage.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen at iki.fi
http://hsivonen.iki.fi/