[whatwg] WF2 clarification request: File upload controls

From: Alex Vincent <ajvincent@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 22:42:26 -0700
In the past, user agents have allowed file upload controls to
reference files not local to the computer in question.  For validity
purposes, I wonder if this should still be allowed under Web Forms
2.0.

Allowing remote values in the file upload control could be a
performance hit via networking, since we'd have to verify the file
exists before saying valueMissing is false...

-- Alexander J. Vincent, June 30, 2001