[whatwg] Canvas lack of drawString method

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 05:47:13 +1000
Alfonso Baqueiro wrote:
> The canvas component is very promising, but the lack of drawString method
> could be a great error for its success, this lack is a huge limitation, how
> could you resolve this problem?

Just for a bit of fun, I created a demo to show how it is already
possible to render text on canvas.  This technique has certainly got
many limitations and could never be made as good as a native
implementation, but it works Firefox, Opera and Safari.

http://lachy.id.au/dev/2006/10/canvas-text

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/