[whatwg] Canvas draw quality

From: Eugene Lazutkin <eugene.lazutkin@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 13:06:03 -0500
Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:

> I doubt that someone will need to switch it in the middle of drawing so
> having such switch as an attribute is redundant.

It may make sense to do so for performance reasons. E.g., if someone
wants to draw a polygon with a border, it makes sense to fill the
polygon without any antialiasing of edges (for speed), and stroke a
border on top of it using antialiasing (for beauty). It is a pretty
common way to do complex drawings, e.g., maps. I assume that canvas
users will care about efficiency like everybody else.

Thanks,

Eugene