[whatwg] [WF2] Typo in 2.9 The autocomplete attribute

On Sun, 27 Aug 2006, dolphinling wrote:

> http://www.w3.org/TR/web-forms-2/#the-autocomplete
>
> | The autocomplete attribute applies to the text, password date-related,
> | time-related, numeric, email, and url controls.
>
> There needs to be a comma after "password".

Fixed.

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006, Lachlan Hunt wrote:

> dolphinling wrote:
> > http://www.w3.org/TR/web-forms-2/#the-autocomplete
> >
> > | The autocomplete attribute applies to the text, password date-related,
> > | time-related, numeric, email, and url controls.
> >
> > There needs to be a comma after "password".
>
> And no comma after email.

I disagree, but this is highly editorial, so... :-)

On Sun, 27 Aug 2006, dolphinling wrote:

> Actually, I don't think it matters all that much, though I do think it
> should be consistent. A bit of (quite possibly buggy) grepping shows the
> oxford comma being used about 4 times as often as it's not, so it would
> probably be easier to stay with it. Also, in something that needs to be
> precise like a spec, it might be good to keep it.

I try to use it when I think it helps, but of course this is stylistic and
I may have missed some cases (or there might be cases where it doesn't,
IMHO, help matters).

> Also, I just realized I linked to the w3c version of the spec; the typo
> is present in the whatwg-hosted one too.

Yeah they're the same (exactly byte for byte, except for the content up to
and including the ToC).

Cheers,