[whatwg] Allow trailing slash in always-empty HTML5 elements?

From: Hallvord R M Steen <hallvors@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 18:07:32 +0000
> > <base href=http://example.org/bar/>

>  Just require quotes around attribute values like
>  HTML should have done 15 years ago.

You can "require" all that you want but we have to specify how to
parse content that is out there with this exact error. Anyway, this
discussion is really about validation.

Sam says:

>  for the checked/> example it actually could go
>  either way.  I'd personally would allow it.

"Allow" as in "not make the validator warn against it" I presume.
Anything goes as long as it is not appended to the attribute name..

--
Hallvord R. M. Steen