[whatwg] General request regarding feature requests

From: Michel Fortin <michel.fortin@michelf.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 13:14:29 -0500
Le 15 nov. 2006 ? 12:40, Ian Hickson a ?crit :

> Since the volume of feature requests is only going to increase in
> the near
> future, I'd like to request that feature requests be clear and
> include at
> least the following information:
>
>  * What is the problem you are trying to solve?
>
>  * What is the feature you are suggesting to help solve it?
>
>  * What is the processing model for that feature, including error
>    handling? This should be very clear, including things such as event
>    timing if the feature involves events, how to create graphs
>    representing the data in the case of semantic proposals, etc.
>
>  * Why do you think browsers would implement this feature?
>
>  * Why do you think authors would use this feature?
>
>  * What evidence is there that this feature is desparately needed?

I agree, but I'm not sure how well it'll work in a mailing list.
Wouldn't a wiki be a better place for doing this? Sometime it's hard
for a single person to come with all this in a single email, or to
keep track of what feature has already been discussed and still need
more documentation.

Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com
http://www.michelf.com/