[whatwg] Allow omitting ="" for attributes?

From: Simon Pieters <zcorpan@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 09:00:48 +0000
Hi,

From: "Rohan Prabhu" <rohan2kool@gmail.com>
>In that case, we need to have a provision in either DTD or XML-Schema
>to allow empty attributes and take default values instead, as this
>proposal clearly violates XML Syntax rules.

The proposal was about HTML5, which is not XML (nor SGML). HTML5 has its own
syntax rules.

   http://whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#syntax

>And we need to have a DTD, Schema or a validation entity somewhere to
>materialize the WHATWG's specifications.

Schemas won't be normative, but work in this area has been started:

   http://syntax.whattf.org/

Regards,
Simon Pieters

Dela med dig av foton p? Windows Live Spaces http://spaces.live.com/