[whatwg] Custom elements and attributes

From: Elliotte Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 08:17:10 -0500
Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> How does requiring changes solve the problem for content that's out
> there? This doesn't make much sense to me.

The specific problem is that an author may publish a correctly labeled
UTF-8 or ISO-8859-8 document or some such. However the server sends a
Content-type header that requires the parser to treat the document as
ISO-8859-1 or US-ASCII or something else.

The need is for server administrators to allow content authors to
specify content types and character sets for the documents they write.
The content doesn't need to change. The authors just need the ability to
  specify the server headers for their documents.

?Elliotte Rusty Harold  elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!