[whatwg] The utility function for semantics in HTML

From: James Graham <jg307@cam.ac.uk>
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 12:31:58 +0000
Elliotte Harold wrote:
> I suspect there are actually two axes here, and they're not orthogonal,

[...]

> I agree we don't want to go all the way to 1 on the first axis.

[...]

> However, I would turn the second axis all the way to about 0.99

Just to note that, in your model of non-orthogonal axes, you can't
adjust the values independently like this. Moreover, your model of the
axes being number of semantic elements and fraction of semantic elements
doesn't work terribly well -- consider Matthew's point about the

--
"The universe doesn't care what you believe. The wonderful thing about
science is that it doesn't ask for your faith, it just asks for your