[whatwg] The problems with namespaces in text/html

On Sat, 04 Nov 2006 22:56:35 +0100, Elliotte Harold
<elharo at metalab.unc.edu> wrote:
>> I've no idea about XForms, but the plan for MathML is that you can
>> write it without bothering about namespaces, but that it ends up having
>> namespaces in the DOM.
>
> Then this is what I feared, and it's not sensible. Enabling mixed
> HTML/MathML to be processed with generic tools and MathML specific tools
> requires that it have the namespace, including all the necessary
> namespace attributes. [...]

Yes, exactly the reason they have the correct (MathML) namespace in the
DOM. So they can be rendered, etc. The serialization format doesn't really
matter.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>