[whatwg] XMLHttpRequest connection limit

On Thu, 2 Nov 2006, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> FYI: The list for raising issues on XMLHttpRequest is public-webapi at w3.org.
>

> On Wed, 01 Nov 2006 17:34:24 +0100, Ted Goddard <ted.goddard at icesoft.com>
> wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>> I would like to propose that the HTTP connection limit
>> be standardized at two per user-initiated window. (For
>> instance, Safari is not limited to two connections per
>> browser.)  This should be a relatively straightforward
>> change in browser policy (browsers other than Safari,
>> that is), but it is a significant enhancement for
>> Ajax applications.
>
> I don't think changing HTTP is really in scope for the XMLHttpRequest
> specification.

well how about an XMLBEEPRequest specification then?

Beep is kind of like a bidirectional version of HTTP and includes
multiplexing capabilities with stream prioritization, see:

      http://beepcore.org/index.html

Beep isn't in widespread use as yet, but is well thought off
by the IETF folks.

  Dave Raggett <dsr at w3.org> http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett