[whatwg] [WF2] type=number and leading zeros

From: Hallvord R M Steen <hallvors@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 15:15:25 +0100
Spec doesn't disallow submitting leading zeros for input type=number
values but I know a developer who apparently thinks it should.

Is it against the "idea" of input type="number" to send leading zeros
if the users type them?

Some pros and cons:
- server parsers may interpret leading zeroes as octal values
on the other hand
- if the field is for a post code, CC number, etc. leading zeros might
be required

So, are the use cases for leading zeros the sort of things we want
input type=number to be used for?
--
Hallvord R. M. Steen