[whatwg] Internal character encoding declaration

From: Peter Karlsson <peter@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 12:35:53 +0100 (CET)
Henri Sivonen on 2006-03-16:

> Right. So, as a data point, it neither proves nor disproves the legends
> about transcoding *proxies* around Russia and Japan.

The only transcoding proxies I know about are WAP gateways. They tend to do
interesting things with input, especially when the source doesn't specify
what it is.

> In order for deploying a transcoding proxy to be safe for a Russian ISP,
> virtually every form handler in Russia would have take countermeasures
> against the adverse effects of transcoding proxies. Are the
> countermeasures ubiquitous?

I haven't investigated, so I don't have a reply to that.

--
\\//
Peter, software engineer, Opera Software

  The opinions expressed are my own, and not those of my employer.