[whatwg] [html5] HTMLMapElement.images

Quoting Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch>:
> On 6/13/06, Anne van Kesteren <fora at annevankesteren.nl> wrote:
>> Before I forget about this hereby a proposal to give the
>> HTMLMapElement interface a new (readonly) member called `images` or
>> equivalent representing an HTMLCollection consisting of
>> HTMLImageElement and HTMLObjectElement (and perhaps
>> HTMLCanvasElement?) elements that use that image map definition.
>
> What's the use case?

Basically finding the position of the associated image elements so
that you can show "popups" and so more easily without hardcoding that
a particular image belongs to that map and vice versa.

   https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=67731&action=view

... has a nice example (works in Internet Explorer only).

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>