[whatwg] WF2: Informative style sheet appendix?

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006, Alex Vincent wrote:

> CSS 2 provides in Appendix A, and CSS 2.1 in Appendix D, non-normative
> references which implementers may use as a basis for styling HTML pages
> by default.  Web Forms 2 is missing a similar style sheet for all the
> new features it brings to the table.
>
> For example, on my XUL Widgets project I have tentatively designated a
> red background to a text input as meaning "This input's value is not
> valid according to this input's specification."  I also am considering
> adding an icon immediately after the input, for accessibility reasons
> (color-blindness).

The spec doesn't want to give this kind of guidance yet, because it would
be better for UAs to come up with better UIs before starting to
standardise on one across the board.

WA1 will eventually have a rendering section that covers interaction with
XBL, CSS, etc, though, which will probably include something like what
you're asking for.

HTH,