[whatwg] Where did the "rev" attribute go?

From: Matthew Paul Thomas <mpt@myrealbox.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 01:58:48 +1200
>> Do the benefits of the computer having such knowledge outweigh the
>> cost of the human labor required to mark up names?
>
> Good question. I expect many Web authors would not avail themselves of
> the option of using <name> even if it were available.

Indeed, because it wouldn't offer them any presentational benefit
(except in the sort of gossip columns that have name {font-weight:
bold}).

Perhaps someone could ransack the W3C mailing list archives and find
out why all the new inline semantic elements in the HTML 3.0 draft
survived (with minor modifications) to HTML 4, *except for* <person>
and <au>[thor]. <http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/html3/logical.html>

--
Matthew Paul Thomas
http://mpt.net.nz/