[whatwg] Where did the "rev" attribute go?

From: Charles Iliya Krempeaux <supercanadian@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 08:43:02 -0700
Hello,

(I didn't search the archive extensively to see if this came up before,
but....)

What happened to the "rev" attribute?

Neither the <a> or <link> element seems to have it anymore...

http://whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#the-link
http://whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#the-a

The "rev" attribute is important for allowing what I call "opaque
semantics".

With "opaque semantics", software can form a graph of relations without
needing to understand what the labels (used in the "rel", "rev", and "class"
attributes) actually mean.  They just "connect the dots", so to speak, based
on matching labels.

See ya

--
    Charles Iliya Krempeaux, B.Sc.