[whatwg] <a href="" ping="">

From: James Graham <jg307@cam.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 23:17:30 +0000
Thomas Much wrote:
> am 19.01.2006 23:50 Uhr schrieb Tyler Close unter tyler.close at gmail.com:
>
>>> No, they'll just disable it
>> Why hasn't this happened to the HTTP Referer header?
>
> There are browsers out there that let the user disable the HTTP referrer
> (and enable it only for certain sites that require it for whatever reasons).
> And our users definitely use this feature.

Indeed. I believe that even browsers significantly more popular than
iCab allow for this. Yet the vast majority of people leave the feature on.

--
"It seems to be a constant throughout history: In every period, people
believed things that were just ridiculous, and believed them so strongly

-- http://www.paulgraham.com/say.html